Thursday, August 4, 2011

About This Place . . .

There are many blogs in this vast digital library of our time. So I should probably let you know what to expect here; why this blog exists, what I plan on talking about...


I shall start with the title I have given this place.


The Life Like Story, that title, will provide you with most of the information that you will need to know about this blog. I picked that title out of my fondness for literature, the incorporation of that wonderful art into my life and from the view that life is like a story; each person a character in a long running epic, each scene, each action that goes on, part of a larger plot. 


So, you see, the title is different from the way those words are most often used. It is not in the manner of a story being life-like but, rather, life being like a story.


Though, be not mistaken that I am here only to go on about books and the work of words! No, oh no. That is but one piece of this puzzle. This place will also be the mouthpiece for observations on the little-seen scenes; those cascades of voices, those fragile but endlessly tangling threads of plot, actions and people each seen in the mind of a writer throughout the production that is known as life.


I have often wondered if maybe this life is the life of a story; that maybe this has all been written. 


That wonder is why this is here, and that is really why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment